We had a fantastic time at this years open day.
We have gone through a few name changes over the last 50 years ago, but it all started when Mr Tony Farrow and Mr Spencer Bayer opened the doors as 'Farrow and Bayer Veterinary Surgeons'.
Spencer Bayer joined us with his wife Sue. Tony Farrow was unable to come along, but instead was represented by his son Paul. It was a great opportunity for a reunion as Spencer met many of our long standing clients who he remembers right from the very beginnings of the practice.
The official line up! From L to R: Director/Vet Robin Creighton; Head Nurse Gary Rutland; Past Director and Vet Paul Freeman;Director/Vet Stefaan van Poucke; Paul Farrow who attended on behalf of his father, Tony Farrow, founding member/retired partner/vet; Director/Vet David Garrett.
Front row: Practice Manager Carol Hudson and Spencer Bayer founding member/retired partner/vet.
(Director Lindsey Nice was unfortunately unable to attend the event.)
We would like to say a big thank you to all our clients who helped us celebrate our anniversary yesterday and to members of the public who joined us on the day. Our competition and raffle raised much needed funds for Essex Air Ambulance (EAA), totalling £200.
We would especially like to say thank you to the following people:
- IRENE and CHRIS from Essex Air Ambulance
- JANE FARRATT from Bayer for running our informative bug room
- from Colne Valley Cats Protection
- PAULA SLYUSARENKO and her four legged friend Honey, both from Wallace Kennels Dog Rescue near Brentwood
- Linda Portch and her team of Collie's for their training demonstrations
- 'Sindy's' for their BBQ and Ice-cream
And to the companies and individuals that gifted prizes for our raffle, including:
- ROSEWOOD PETS
- FUSION at BRAINTREE SWIMMING AND LEISURE
- NAMCO BOWLING
- CREAM NAIL SALON
- DAPPER PETS
For more pictures of our special day visit our Image Galleries.